Race Day Information
Race Day is the last Saturday in July at Arawa Park Racecourse, 274 Fenton Street, Rotorua.
- Premier meeting with 9-10 races including the Taumarunui RSA Gold Cup
- Members on-course travel promotion ~ chance to win a $2,000 travel voucher by way of a sweepstake on the second to last race on the card (sign up before Race 3).
- Members promotional prizes ~ second chance draws are held in the main lounges with TAB betting vouchers and sponsored merchandise as prizes.
- Fashion in the Field ~ this is another generously sponsored event. Sections for kids, ladies, men and Steampunk. Entry is free. See previous poster Fashion in the Field Facebook.
- Children’s on-course entertainment ~ supervised giant games on the lawn if fine, or indoors if not fine
- Plenty of food and drink options and most of all a FUN day at the races
There are plenty of opportunities to sponsor a race or a trophy. Have a whole race named after your company with plenty of other perks thrown in. Email for more details.
Tables available in the Lakeview Suite with a perfect view of the finish line. Enjoy lunch and some refreshments and the best of winter racing.
There are changes in accommodation options this year as several Rotorua hotels and motels are MIQ facilities, or housing staff involved in MIQ. Some motels are undergoing refurbishment and currently closed. Therefore we suggest you contact the Rotorua i-SITE on 07 348 5179 or use an internet booking option to secure your accommodation.
If you wish to join in this ever popular part of the day please email zn.oc.artx@bulcgnicarnmt to secure your place.
More information will be in the Taumarunui Bulletin nearer race day and you can also check out our Facebook page.
Member subscription year:
The membership subscription year commences on 1 April of each year and the subscription fee $25. Your swing tickets for the Members Balmerino Lounge will be posted to you nearer race day.
If you would like information about how to become a Taumarunui Racing Club Committee Member please contact Julie the Secretary: Ph (hm): 07 896 6776 Email: zn.oc.artx@bulcgnicarnmt